A Pale Moon in a Shining Winter Afternoon

I was once walking in early afternoon while staring at the pale moon.
But couldn't stop looking back to see the shinning sun in the opposite side.
Then, I heard the solid snow cracked beneath my black boots.

Hey, it's a pale moon in a shining winter afternoon!
What a combination!

You know what? The day before I said to someone that there won't be the sun and the moon at once in the afternoon sky. Well, yes, sometimes we see the moon still hanging in the early morning sky but not in the afternoon's. And in early morning, the sun is not so bright and shining so the moon wouldn't be threatened.

I was so amazed for the moon that I stopped walking and looked at the half moon and the sun by turns. It's just such extraordinary moment for me so I stood and enjoyed it. It "disturbed" me that the sun and the moon apparently can share the sky in the same time.

It was December 31th 2009--approaching a new year's eve or the German used to call it "Sylvester". I was on the way home from Hamburg-sightseeing with friends. It was my first new year's eve in a far away country. It should be a great time; don't you think so? But, it wasn't.

At night, the fireworks filled the sky, but not filled my heart which was painful of the intense sobbing. The fireworks lit the sky so it's full of lights, but my eyes were filled with tears.

I won't tell the reason for the intense crying. It's not the point. I wrote this only because I want to remember the moment and most of all to remember the things I've learned in that very last day of year 2009.

I wondered if I was no different with the pale moon; let say it's extraordinary to keep existing during the day time. But what's the importance? It's no use to shine in the shining winter afternoon!

3 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall | August 6, 2011 at 8:18 AM

your blog name is purple, what a take on P.

creative..keep it up.

lissa | August 7, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I think the moment will stay with you for awhile. for me, I see the moon during the day a lot and don't think it's all that strange that the sun and moon should share the same space.

hope you are having a lovely day.

Jenny | August 8, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I adore the color purple so I was excited to open your blog.

This was some lovely imagery you shared with us.

I can see it in my minds eye.

Thanks for a perfectly lovely link.

A+

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...