My Phobia and You

Yes we know exactly that I'm phobia of heights. Acrophobia, they call it. So, it's not a secret that I will avoid doing anything which will trigger my phobia. I hate balcony. I avoid stepping up second floor let alone looking through the window glass from a room in a second floor, not to mention in a 13th floor and so on. There's no strange that I hate apartment. I prefer spending more hours trip by bus to travelling by airplane. That's why I've never gone that far, unlike you, the most adventurous man and passionate backpacker I've ever known. Maybe, this is one reason of why I fall in love with you. People say we tend to fall in love with ourselves that we see in others, but apart from that we tend also to fall in love with someone who will complete us as persons.

I don't know where you are right now. The last postcard I received from you telling me that you are somewhere in Asia. You said you fall in love to the beautiful scenery around you, the fresh air, the singing of birds you hear every morning, the tropical atmosphere, the local ladies, etc. You even wished that you could live there with me for the rest of your life. You also said that you can't wait to do climbing in the near mountain the next day. You showed me the track you will pass to that mountain; it is on the postcard picture. This bridge--I even couldn't believe people call this frail piece of wood and rope as a bridge--will lead your way to the mountain and to find the climbing spot.




The last line you wrote was a joke saying that next time I should pass this frail bridge to get me you. Smile emoticon. Full stop. Your name.

It has been two months since I received your postcard. You've never made me this long waiting and wondering your story of where you are now, what you feel, where your next heading or plan, the local food and girls, what you do to get some money, how you get lost and find new adventure, how  the rock climbing was, etc.

This postcard is the most read since one month ago, although I suffer from a headache and I always tremble every time I see the picture.

And those symptoms are getting worse when I read your last line words.

***

I don't know what happen to me this morning. When I stared at the bridge, I felt like I will be able to pass this bridge for you. I felt no more headache, trembling, or nausea. Yes, for the first time in my life: I want to pass this bridge, a frail bridge. This thought made my blood rushed faster. I will be able to go by plane. Maybe I need to meet psychiatrist first, but it seems not a big problem. I've never been this brave; I will try my best to pass it, if this bridge really could get me to you.

But, how could I know that you are there waiting?




*Note:
This post is written for the Writing Exercise by Creative Writing Ink and The Tale Teller #3.

4 comments:

Altonian | August 10, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Nice to see you contribute again Neni. I do hope you can make it over that bridge, and find your true love. Nice story!

Neni | August 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Thank you, Altonian.

Please be informed, this is only a fiction... :)

Old Egg | August 13, 2011 at 6:25 AM

I loved this. I felt the pain of parting and your weakness and frustration that the wobbly bridge so clearly showed how far you were from him. A poignant piece of writing that I hoped earnestly was not true.

Neni | August 13, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Oldegg: thank you... nice to see you stopping by again... :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...