I am the Grass in Your Body of Stone

It’s me the grass
inherently settled in your body of stone


The sun shone on you faithfully
burning your blackened body
The rain slowly and diligently pounded you
penetrating your poresfragile and watery
The wind chill neatly wrapped your body
covering it up with sad loneliness

Then, at one dusk
soundly asleep in a corner of the city
You're going to give up:
Broken!

People will forget that
there was sun ever flooded you with speckled lights
or rain ever pounded you on and on, challenging the rainbow falling on you
and there was once wind singing melodious songs of seasons in your noisy ears

It’s me the only grass
(which they will see and remember);
My delicate roots outstretched holding you tight,
inherently settled in your body 
which once was a stone ...



* Linked in Poets Rally and The Tale Tellers.

11 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall | August 5, 2011 at 9:42 PM

beautiful,

did you submit it to poets rally.
do it if you forget.

http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.blogspot.com/

welcome!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall | August 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM

being grass is cool,

divine insights in your piece.
well done.

Neni | August 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Thanks... :)

The Altonian | August 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM

What a beautiful piece of poetry; it graces the pages of The Tale Tellers.
Thank you for coming to, and joining, this new venture for 'free writing'. Your poetry is something to look forward to.

Anonymous | August 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I love this .. there is a feeling of unmatched care in these lines .. touched !

Anonymous | August 6, 2011 at 9:23 PM

beautifully written, I'm glad I stopped by to check out your blog

Old Egg | August 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM

What a emotive poem of time's relentless push even crumbling the stone which we think is so permanent. Thought provoking and beautiful in its atmosphere. I really enjoyed reading it.

Neni | August 8, 2011 at 7:43 PM

@All: thank you for stopping by and leaving me comments... :)

Anonymous | August 10, 2011 at 6:50 AM

I am officially in love with your blog! And this piece is amazing! So happy I came and I will be back!

Neni | August 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Kellie: thanks for stopping by...
I like your poems also... :)

Anonymous | August 31, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Sad... Whether this is an analogy or not. It is still sad to see "the grass" only able to hold the memories of "stone".

happy rally

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...